Disclaimer: We are not attorney’s and this is not legal advice, for legal counsel please consult with an attorney.
It can be difficult to sell your Memphis home during a divorce, but it is possible. You will need to work with your spouse and divorce attorney to come up with a plan that works for both of you. Once you have a plan and contract in place, you can start marketing your home and showing it to potential buyers. If you are able to sell your home, you will need to split the proceeds with your spouse in accordance with your original agreement.
1. Work with your spouse to come up with a plan
2. Market your home
3. Show your home to potential buyers
4. Split the proceeds with your spouse
5. Other options (if you are unable to sell) include renting or selling in a short sale.
6. Talk to your Memphis real estate agent for more advice and guidance.
If you are looking for a quicker, easier way to sell your home, please contact Volunteer Buyers. We can help you navigate the process and make it as smooth as possible. We understand how difficult this time can be, and we’re here to help. Please call us today! We look forward to working with you.